INTERNATIONAL RAILWAY INDUSTRY STANDARD (IRIS)- ISO/TS 22163:2017
THE QUALITY STANDARD FOR THE RAILWAY INDUSTRY
The liberalization of national railway networks is gathering momentum, and along with it comes increased competitive pressure. This poses major challenges, and not only for the operators of railway networks. Rail vehicle manufacturers and suppliers need to meet the rising requirements that an increasingly global design and production environment places upon the quality of rolling stock.
- Information Meeting.
- Preparation of an individual offer/order confirmation.
- System Analysis (Stage 1 Audit ) -Using IRIS Audit Tool.
- System Analysis (Stage 2 Audit ) Using IRIS Scoring.
- Certification and notification to UNIFE.
- Registration of results in the UNIFE Supplier Database.
- 1st Advancement Assessment.
- 2nd Advancement Assessment
UNIFE -QUALITY BROUGHT ON TRACK
UNIFE is representing the European rail manufacturing industry in Brussels since 1992. With 23 fulltime staff, the Association gathers over 100 of Europe’s leading large and SME rail supply companies active in the design, manufacture, maintenance and refurbishment of rail transport systems, subsystems and related equipment. UNIFE also brings together 14 national rail industry associations of European countries. UNIFE members have an 84% market share in Europe and supply 46% of the worldwide production of rail equipment and services. UNIFE advocates its members’ interests at both the European and International level- actively promoting EU rail equipment and standards within Europe and abroad.
IRIS FOR MAXIMUM IN QUALITY
- IRIS is designed to improve modern, process-controlled and effective business processes. The standard aims to provide more quality and safety while at the same time lowering costs and complexity. Major rail vehicle manufacturers usually require a management system certified to IRIS.
- ISO/TS 22163 (IRIS) is based on the internationally recognized quality
management standard ISO 9001, supplemented by the specific requirements of the railway sector. With a focus on continuous improvement and sustained corporate success.
- Developers, manufacturers and maintenance organizations active in railway sector now have the option of registering their IRIS certification in the web-based supplier database of UNIFE at www.iris-rail.org
CORE ELEMENTS OF AN ISO/TS 22163: 2017 -IRIS CERTIFICATION
Certification to IRIS are based on the requirements of ISO 9001, supplemented by considering the specific to the rail vehicle industry such as:
- The technical safety policy of the product portfolio.
- Project management, order, and series production management.
- RAMS:- Reliability, Availability , Maintainability, safety.
- LCC:- Life Cycle Cost.
- Tender management.
- Obsolescence management
- Configuration Management
- FAI:- First Article Inspection.
A SCORING SYSTEM FOR THE CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT PROCESS
The scoring system is based on
- Enablers evaluation through an assessment sheet based on ISO/TS 22163 requirements.
- Customer perception.
- Process performance through performance evaluation.
The evaluation of the organization will result on a global score, which considers and reinforces the importance of the customer orientation, the process approach and the performance of the quality oriented organization.
IRIS – ONE STANDARD, MANY ADVANTAGES
- Evidence of certification required by the major rail vehicle manufacturers (Bombardier, Siemens, ABB, Alstom etc.)
- Standardized industry requirements lead to process and quality improvements.
- Registration in the UNIFE database, which is used by operators and manufacturers.
- Registration in the UNIFE database, which is used by the operators and manufacturers for their supplier selection.
- Internationally recognized DQS India certificate with high market recognition.
- Synergy effects from integrated assessments for ISO 9001 & ISO/TS 22163.
- Guaranteed competitiveness in the rail vehicle industry.
- Registration on the internet- based DQS India customer database.
OUR EXPERIENCE – YOUR BENEFIT
The assessment of a management system by an independent certification body provides many advantages above and beyond the declaration of conformity itself. Our auditors point out opportunities and risks, identify
potential for improvement, provide guidance for decisionmaking processes; all of it aimed at the improvement of overall performance.
- Authorizations and accreditations for all relevant standards worldwide demonstrate competence and customer orientation.
- Active collaboration of DQS India in the further development of IRIS within the UNIFE Working Group.
- Railway experienced auditors with a high level of technical and management skills.
REACH US AT
5th Floor, Anjaneya Techno Park, #147, HAL Airport Road, Kodihalli, Bengaluru – 560 017
Ph +91 80 6661 6500 / +91 93557 29334
E-MAIL: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Name, Organization Name, Location, Mobile no, E-mail Address.
Send us the above details at email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org